Tuesday, February 27, 2007

School

School started on Monday although I didn't have any classes. As of right now I have class on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. One of my classes is taught completely online. The prof. gives us the stuff we have to read then we have to do a little essay every week on what we read. Kind of different than what I'm used to but good because I can plan everything out better during the week

Today and Thursday I have Remote Sensing and GIS class and Thursday and Friday I have Landscape Ecology. At the end of the semester I'll be in and Outback Ecology field study for like a week which will be really cool. I'll let everyone know how they go.

The weekend was cool. Went to another art exhibit with Christine. This one was kind of small with only about 6 exhibits. Then went to a pretty good Indian restaurant for some dinner in West End. It's nice to eat at an ethnic place again, something SLC was lacking a little. Where I live there is a wide variety so there is always someplace new to eat, very cool.

This guy scared the crap out of me when I went out on Saturday for my laundry. He was just chilling on top of the line and actually let me get pretty close to get a few pics of him. He stayed there a few minutes then flew off silently to the neighbors laundry line, probably looking for some mice in the backyard. He's a Tawny Frogmouth and is common in the area around here. Very cool.



That's it for today.

Later,
B.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good pic,s of native wildlife--so different, but bird looks like a nitehawk(nightjar)--we used to have chuck-will's-widows in abundance, before all the development--saw & heard them all nite! Enjoyed your postings!