Monday, March 5, 2007

More School, and Art

Finally had some classes to go to last week. As of now I just have class on Tuesday, Thursday and sometimes Fridays. I'm taking one class which is called an external class and is done completely over the internet. The professor posts the reading materials and the assignments each week. It's actually pretty good because I can schedule it around everything else I have to do.

I have 3 research papers due this semester one for each class and then probably another one for my class at the end of the semester that is a field course. So needless to say I will be spending many hours online and in the library doing research and writing considering each paper will be about 10-12 pages or longer. Lots of fun. But hopefully once I graduate I'll be doing that on a regular basis so I guess it's good to be doing it now.

Can't write too much as I have to head off to the library in a few minutes and then to the bookstore to buy my nice expensive textbooks for this semester. Everything else is going well. We've been cleaning up here and getting ready for our party this weekend. We've decided to have a circus theme so hopefully people will get dressed up and have a little fun with it. I guess we'll see. There will be pictures next week sometime.

I went two art exhibits this weekend. The one on Friday was fun because it had a few interactive things and my house mates friend had a very cool table they created there as well. It was for the design students at one of the uni's here in town. Then on Saturday we went to another one of their friends showings. She had 4 big windows at a gallery that's attached to a dinner / bistro type place. She did some very cool stuff with oyster shells, cattle horns, and leaves. She said it took her and a few other people about 4 days to get everything set up. I keep forgetting to take more pictures. I'll try and remember next time.

We hung out there for a while then went to a bar around the corner for a few drinks. I met two girls from the states there, one is the house mate of the girl who had the exhibit and the other was their friend. One was from Minnesota, and the other from N. Carolina, both are photography students. Then the other house mate was from Sweden and is also in the art scene as well.

We stayed there a while then went to Ric's, the club down in the valley for some drinks and a little dancing. Got home and crashed most of the day on Sunday except for a little more school work I had to do. Another very cool weekend.

Later,
B.

3 comments:

Brad Calabrese said...

How much longer before we get some roommate pictures?

Buttdogs said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BRANDON!!!!!!

Love, Erin, Todd and Logan

Anonymous said...

brandon did you ever get my message

beth