Thursday, February 8, 2007

House

I finally found a place to live!!!! After spending about 5 days of calling, walking, getting lost, walking, walking, it's nice to be able to chill in one spot for a while. I moved all my junk in yesterday afternoon. The house is about a 10 minute car ride from the city and about a 5 minute boat ride across the river the the Uni. It's on a nice quiet street about a 5 minute walk down to the river. It's in the hippie area of town which is cool as well. Here are some pictures of the place.



The front deck/porch area.



Dining room / Kitchen area.


Lounge / Living room area.


My room with all my junk.


Bathroom


It has all hardwood floors and air conditioning. But they usually just open all the windows and door so it' usually cool because of the breeze except when it get up around 30C or about 87F. The I'll turn the air on.

The girls are very cool. One works as a receptionist for a law firm, the other works for the Aussie government on art exhibits and related creative stuff, and the last one I haven't met works for a telecom company. She's out traveling for work and should be back in a few weeks. But they are all nice and helpful as well. I'm sure more about them later as I've only been here one day.

I'm going to get to the store and buy some grub then wander around the Uni. for a while.

Later,
B.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice pic's--nice house--nice roommates! Hope all is well, and you are adjusting--weather here in Fl is cold for southern climate, but not as bad as up north. Will write an e-mail soon, love, Papa.