Friday, March 16, 2007

Party!!!!

Finally, I've gotten around to getting some time to post a few pictures from the party last weekend. I've been too busy with school work to get anything up.

We all had a great time. The bbq started around 4 down at the park about 5 minutes from the house right down by the river. About 30 or so people showed up. Mostly friend of my house mates and their friends. People from everywhere, Singapore, Germany, Iraq, France, Venezuela and of course Aussies. They let me take over the barbie for a while which was kind of surprising considering the tradition down here. So I guess us Americans can hold our own down under on the grill.

The party migrated back to the house around 8 or so. The DJ was already up an spinning when we got back there which was nice. Over the night I guess about 50 people or so came and went.

Nina and Erin baked me a cake so of course everyone had to sing me happy birthday, which I told them in the morning that there was to be no singing. Oh well. I was "slightly" inebriated so it was cool with me. And they also set up a pinata for me that they filled with candy and such. They wanted a speech out of me after the candles, which is I guess a Aussie thing, but there was none of that. Maybe next year.

About 9 people started to get in the pool we setup which was very cool. The drinks were flowing and it started to become a party around 10 or 11. Of course I ended up throwing about 3 people in over the course of the night. And fell in by myself of course. I think we ended up with 12 people in there at one time which was quite an accomplishment. It was a really good time and I got to chill with a lot of really cool people all night.

After about 2 or so people started trailing off and there were only a few left by the time I stumbled back upstairs around 3:30. Sunday was the recovery day, all day. Got up around 10 or so to get a little water and some breakfast but then crashed until about 6 when I started to move again. At one time there were 5 people crashed in the living room recovering. We should have taken a picture but no one had the energy to do so. There wasn't a lot of clean up to do as me and Nina did it Saturday night when we were a little tippsy and didn't mind doing it.

I think everyone had a great time and had so much fun. We'll have to have another one for whoever has their birthday next. Thanks to everyone that came and especially to Christine, Erin, and Nina for everything.

Now the pictures. I'll get some more from the girls and post them this weekend. With all of them in there as well.

Later,
B.


When the pool water was still clean.

Everyone chilling out.
Smoke machine in effect.

More on the way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great party--see a lot of foxy chicks, not many guys--hope you were cool about that.