Sunday, April 6, 2008

Old Man Update

I'm sure most of you know already that I didn't end up having surgery a few weeks ago. The trip to the emergency room just helped with the pain and that's about it. Not too much news from then on. But I did finally meet with the neurosurgeon, actually just a nurse in the neurosurgeon's office, on Friday morning.

She didn't tell me anything I didn't already know and the same story and test on my reflexes and what not were also done. They want me to come in for an MRI on Wednesday so they can get a better view of the disk and how much far it is still out of place. Then Friday I have another appointment so hopefully I will find out some real info on what they think will be the next thing to do. I still have the numbness which they said isn't a good thing and the pain is still in my hip when I get up in the morning. If I would have gotten the MRI 3 weeks ago I could already be 2 weeks into the recovery if I would have had the surgery done. But hey that's what you get with uni doctors I guess. I'm sure the same thing would have happened if I was in the States so I guess I cant really make it go any faster.

Not too much else going on besides school stuff. Writing and more research as usual. But I did find some amusing stuff on the web during the week when I was laid up and not moving to well. Sorry for no pictures this time....just some links.

I actually remember watching some of these- The 10 Most Insane, Child-Warping Moments of '80s Cartoons

Some are expected but there are a few that surprise you - 67 Celebrities Who Are Scientologists

Same with this one - 50 Celebrities’ Real Names

You guys can watch the full episodes but we can't get them down here - South Park Studios


I was 53 WPM - Speedtest

Not sure how accurate this is, I was 91 with a virtual age of 13, what ever that means...they didn't have a selection for a slipped disk though - Life Expectancy Calculator

Yes some people actually believe this - Creation Museum

Cant get past level 7 - Apple Shooter

Great place to look for cheap stuff - Ben's Bargains

Here as well, with free shipping - most of it made in China though - DealExtreme

Cool way to view the Box Office - The Ebb and Flow of Movies

Looking for a vacation spot??? - Private Islands for Rent


Probably another update next weekend once I find out something useful to tell about my back. Cheers,
B.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Buddy, this is Papa--so sorry about your back--it's so complicated, with discs, muscles, ligaments, etc. Know you'll get the best of care in Aussieland, better than in US, especially at the University,but bureaucrats are the same no matter where!
Thanks for all the links--good thing your're web-savvy--the links are good (most of them), and I need recommendations for most (can you imagine 2 billion+!?).
Hang in there--I love you! Papa

Buttdogs said...

had the virtual age of 9 with a life expectancy of 95. I guess i am doing pretty well:) erin