Thursday, July 19, 2007

Birthday, Pictures and other Stuff

Happy Birthday
Marg
Enjoying the Dakar beach.

I hope you had a good summer break and are doing well with your studies. Just one more year to go.

Some good and bad news on my end. I have a research project that I might be doing on the development of turtles eggs and the roll of water, which might get published when it's completed. Hopefully, but that would still be a few years away. I'm doing some research now and will be deciding in the next few days to do it for sure. It's some very cool stuff, scientifically speaking.

The bad news is that I might not be able to come home over the summer break around Christmas. Depending on when the eggs are collected and/or incubated it may fall right when I was planning on making the trek home. I'll know for sure in a month or so when I would be able to have some time off. But as most of us science people know there isn't really any down time during experiments so we'll see.

It's good to hear from my grandfather again after his surgery. I missed his comments and e-mails while he was recovering and happy to hear he is doing very well.

Here are a few more pictures from my trip to the outback. Going to get some dinner then watch try and catch up on a few episodes of Lost before tonights episode.

This is one of the many poisonous centipedes found in the outback. He was about 6-7 inches long.

Termite mound. We didn't see to many but some areas are completely covered with them.

Natural roo jerky, anyone??


What a lot of the outback looked like in the area we were in.


A quick Disney character test.

You scored as Peter Pan, Your alter ego is Peter Pan. You are a child at heart. Anything you believe is possible, and you never want to grow up.

Peter Pan


69%

Goofy


56%

The Beast


56%

Sleeping Beauty


56%

Pinocchio


50%

Cinderella


38%

Donald Duck


31%

Snow White


31%

Ariel


31%

Cruella De Ville


13%

Which Disney Character is your Alter Ego?
created with QuizFarm.com


Later,
B.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi buddy, this is Papa--know you're homesick, but degree comes ahead of anything, even if you can't get home for the holidays! Sounds like a neat science project even if I can't understand the terms.
Thanks for the photos of the outback (and the continent) included--we need vizualization!
Miss you very much, but know that's a small sacrifice on our part. Love, Papa.
P.S. Still getting my strength back but am stir-crazy, so came upstairs to use PC--nice to talk to you (wonders of technology!) couple nites ago.

Anonymous said...

Hey Brandon! How the Hell are you? I have been very busy with orientation at CCHC So far so good I did the Disney test. My disney alter ego is Goofy! Fun lovable willing to help others and not worried about making a fool of myself!!! LOL!!! It has been a beautiful Autum The weather was great really warm. The surprise Aniversary party was great. I'll have Melanie help me send yu some pictures if that is possible They were totally surprised. It was 88 degrees! In Oct. We got a new dog HIs name is CAESAR I bought him off a guy on the street in the Hood for $20
I think he is a Boxer/Pit mix He is now 35# He was 8# when we got him The vet said he was very malnourished Skinney with his bones showing. It has effected his teeth Very thin enamal. He is very sweet. Loves to snugle and is afraid of everything. I have a new Dr I go to see next week She is a holistic Dr. Only sees 8 pts a day twice a week I hope she can help me with my arthritis. I went to the orthopedic surgeon He XRayed my hsnds I have no cartiledge in my left had where my thumb and carpals meet and the ligament is detatched It's pretty painful He shot me up with steroids but it didnt last long It sucks getting old!!!!!! So go out and do EVERYTHING you want to do NOW! Hope to see you soon
Love Gail